Suffolk Economic Forecast - April 2011
- The Job Seekers Allowance claimant count decreased in Suffolk by 0.81% from February to March
- The claimant rate of Job Seekers Allowance decreased in all but 2 of the 7 districts with Waveney seeing the largest fall in claimants
- The claimant rate of Job Seekers Allowance in Suffolk is now at the same level as the East of England but remains below the country as a whole although Ipswich (4.7%) and Waveney (4.5%) have claimant rates above the regional and national average (3.8%)
- The total number of redundancies to have taken place in Suffolk since October 2008 is now 8,121.
- At least 3,007 full or part time jobs have been created in Suffolk since the beginning of 2009
Data courtesy of NOMIS Official Labour Market Statistics www.nomisweb.co.uk